Thursday, November 14, 2013

Chapters, This One and the Next.

I don't like to blog unless I feel like I have something worth saying, which seems to be the opposite mentality of how I treat my Facebook. I'll post anything on there without thinking. But this blog is different. It means something to me.

I have been struck recently with how much change happens in a lifetime, and how quickly it happens out of nowhere. Take it from me. In the last 3 years alone, I have moved away from home, lived on the Oregon Coast, gone to Bible school, did a Summer Ministry Team, moved to Michigan, attended film school, produced 2 films, moved into my best friend's house, did an internship, moved into a hotel, moved home for a month, moved back into my best friend's house, got a job at a Hollywood studio, moved into an apartment in North Hollywood, met a few famous actors, switched departments at work, watched my best friend now get married, and went to Kansas to watch my best friend from high school get married. And now, my life is under going a huge change once again: Dating.

I thought, since I had dated a couple times before, that I knew what I was doing, that I was "experienced". WRONG. Once again, my idea of what my life would be like or should be like is being redefined. Not in bad ways, but in incredibly good ways. She brings out things in me I always knew were there, but never knew what to do with, so I never addressed them. For example, I've always wanted to live abroad, but it never seemed in the cards. But because she does too, now I could see myself actually pursuing that. The point is I've always wanted to live an active life, and with her, she pushes that side out of be into the possibility of reality.

Life is extremely fluid, and sometimes that fluid can get stormy. I think it's easier for us humans usually to just find an anchor and stay put. Maybe that's a town, or a house, a spouse, or a job. Something that becomes constant. I think we get addicted to that stability and in many cases stop moving. Which, as a Christian, I see as becoming a lukewarm Christian, as spoken of in Revelation 3:16. Granted, I might be lumping all Christians into an unfair lump, but that's what I see in so much of the American Christian Church. I see complacency, and I know I'm apart of it. I don't want to be. I want to be an active part of God's plan for modern humanity, and I'm tired of sitting on my butt. Yeah, I work a 8, or sometimes 12, hour a day job. I know that's my life right now. But as I look ahead at my life to come, I don't want to be a Sunday Christian. I want to keep moving, keep proclaiming the gospel, keep helping people where they need help. That's my true passion. That's why I got into film in the first place, to change lives.

What does this all mean for me? All I know if I'm being told to let today be today, or "Let now be now", as I've been told. Something is being built up in me. Something big is coming. The next chapter is being prepped. But this chapter is still being written. And it's already proving to be the best one yet. God is a REALLY good writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment